Romaine lettuce with red lentils, leeks, apples and walnut kernels
- Minutes: 30
- Servings: 4
- 200 g of dried red lentils
- 2 small romaine lettuce
- 1 red apple
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 70 g walnut kernels
- 3 spring onions
- ½ bunch fresh mint
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (about 3cm)
- 3 tablespoons of apple juice
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream at least 30% fat content
- 3 tablespoons of walnut oil
- Coarsely ground, black pepper
- Thoroughly wash the lentils under running water in a strainer, then bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, pick apart the romaine lettuce, wash it and shake it dry. Wash, quarter and core the apple. Cut into very thin slices and sprinkle with lemon juice immediately.
- Chop the walnut kernels roughly. Wash the spring onions, clean and cut into rings. Pluck the mint leaves from the stems. Rinse the lentils and drain well. Peel the ginger and chop it into very fine cubes. Mix with the apple juice, the crème fraiche, the cream and the oil in a bowl and season with salt.
- Arrange the romaine lettuce on plates, sprinkle with apple slices, lentils, spring onions, walnut kernels and fresh mint, then sprinkle with the dressing and sprinkle with pepper before serving.